Your benefits and services
Senior Whole Health of New York NHC is committed to maximizing your quality of life, health, security and independence.
As part of our ongoing commitment to your well-being, your Senior Whole Health of New York NHC Care Manager monitors your medical and social needs and makes the necessary changes to your plan of care as your conditions and needs change.
Our Senior Whole Health of New York NHC plan has $0 copays and no deductibles for any of the services or benefits we offer. Some examples are:
In-Home Care Services
- Home assessments
- Professional nursing services
- Home health care
- Personal care
- Housekeeping services
- Home delivered meals
- Home safety modifications
Medical Supplies and Equipment
- Personal Emergency Response Services (PERS)
- Medical and surgical supplies
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Dental care
- Eye exams
- Foot care
- Hearing exams
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Respiratory therapy
Other Care & Services
- $110 per month (up to $1,320 a year) for certain over-the-counter (OTC) items
- Adult day health program
- Acupuncture for lower back pain
- Transportation to and from doctor and health care related appointments
- Help with medication management
- Nutritional counseling and dietary supplements
- 24/7 phone access to a Senior Whole Health of New York NHC Care Manager
- Care coordination
Healthy You Card Program
As a dual-eligible member, you get $110 a month to spend on over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and health-related items. When you enrolled, you received a Healthy You Card. Use this pre-paid card to buy eligible OTC medicines and health-related items. Your Healthy You Card includes several purchasing options:
- In person: Visit CVS, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Ride Aide, Walgreens or Wal-Mart.
- Online: Visit the Nations OTC website* and enter your 19-digit benefit card number found on your Healthy You Card.
- By Phone: Call Nations OTC at 1-833-SHOP-OTC (1-833-746-7682) (TTY 711). Please have your Healthy You Card ready.
- By Mail: Call 1-833-SHOP-OTC (1-833-746-7682) (TTY 711) and request to have a catalog mailed to you.
If you have questions about covered items or need help finding a participating store, call Member Services.